Our new generation of sandbag has had a major design overhaul. Each sandbag is now sized to an individual loading size. All you need to do is fill your bag to the max capacity and that’s it, providing the density and size of the media is correct e.g. coarser-grained sand then your bag will weigh the prescribed weight.
Each bag has a built in liner bag for added strength and convenience. A brand new double sealing system means no need for any extra liners or tape or cable ties. The double velcro roll down seal on the inner liner bag means a secure, leak-free seal and our unique heavy duty zip with double overlocking Velcro straps for maximum hold! Due to each bag being specifically sized for each weight they are packed tight with no heavy spots or loose empty spots in the bag.
Indoors or outdoors, our sandbag is made for tough stuff like lifting, carrying, pressing and loading - and it trains your grip every time you workout. The Sandbag is awkward to lift, requiring that you fight hard to perform exercises with it, just like working with a "real-life" object or person. A great choice for all athletes, strongmen, MMA athletes, grapplers, wrestlers or anyone looking for a new challenge and a versatile training tool.
Simply fill with sand (coarser grained sand works best) and you are good to go. Our sandbags are heavy duty and able to withstand drops, but they are not designed to be slammed.
• Unique outer seal, heavy duty zip with double overlocking Velcro straps for maximum hold
• Durable, good-looking, and easy to use
• Made from 1000D Military Grade Nylon Cordura
• Quadrupled stitched with heavy thread eliminating any spillage
• Built in heavy duty liner - ready to fill and train
• Double Velcro roll down seal, making the sandbag leak free, quicker and cleaner to close
• Use indoors or out
• Simulates stone lifting in a much more cost effective and convenient format
• Superb functional training tool for strength, conditioning, and grip work
HOW TO FILL YOUR SANDBAG
- Open out your sandbag & open the inner bag.
- Now fill your sandbag until your bag is full and packed tight, we suggest coarse sand. Please note that the loadable weight of the bag depends on the density and size of the media being used. Certain media may cause the overall weight of the bag to be greater than or less than projected weight capacity.
- Seal the inner bag Velcro, roll down and press down and seal again against the inner Velcro.
- Push the inner seal inside, shut the zip and close over the external double Velcro straps.
Sand Bag Training Tips
Three easy ways to get the most out of your sandbag!
Use it as a conditioning tool/sport-specific – with a light to moderate weight bag at the end of your workout or as a separate conditioning session. Why not do long runs or sprints while doing a front carry with the sandbag (improved Core strength, Grip strength and forearm development, Upper back size and strength and conditioning) .
Ground to overhead reps for time try sets of 30sec 60sec or if you are doing conditioning for an event e.g. a lot of strongman events are 75 or 90sec just pick it up and get it over head with either a strict press or jerk or push press whichever way you do it will be a killer (Power, Core strength, Grip strength and forearm development, Posterior chain, shoulders, triceps pretty much your whole body).
Push it, drag it, press it, load it or carry it. Your options are endless here.
Use it as a replacement for your “normal “barbell – use a moderate to heavy weight sand bag and use instead of the barbell works great for front squats, overhead squats, cleans, overhead press/push press/jerk, floor press, bicep curls (light to moderate weight bag) the list goes on don’t be afraid to experiment just be aware not to try the same weight as you would have on a barbell.
Use it for strongman training – one of the most common events in strongman is a loading race or medley. One of the stables of this event is a heavy sandbag (between 100kg and 120kg) the bag is picked up and carried 10/15m and load on to a platform of some type. Try the same thing. The Sandbag is also great as an alternative to atlas stones. Lie the sandbag horizontally, lift from the floor using your legs and bag using your arms as hooks not to pull with. Then sit and rest the bag on your knees the come over the top of the bag and in one movement lift the bag up and extending it up using your hip and leg drive extend as far as you can and load it on to a plat form.